Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend Sewing • "Go Anywhere Shirt Dress"


Pattern Description: Button-up shirt dress without facings.

Pattern Sizing: XS - XL (I made the M, grading out to L in the hips)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes! Even with all the swirly craziness of the fabric going on.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes. The drawings and text made it easy for anyone who's a visual learner like me, to follow.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I wish the skirt was just a wee bit more billowy. I think the next time around, I'll adjust the pattern so the skirt is a little more substantial.

Fabric Used: 100% cotton found at FabDepot last summer.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I did an FBA, high round back adjustment and added 5 inches to the length. I graded the medium out to a L in the hips. I still think it's a little narrow for me, so I'll fix that for next time. I also lengthened the ties to tie twice around me.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes. It was quick, easy, and delightful to sew. I plan on making a few of these.

Conclusion:
It's a classic. I think the next one will be dark denim for fall. Adding black knee-high boots would make it fab!

No comments:

Post a Comment