Thursday, March 18, 2010

Simplicity 2472 • Prison Matron Dress


http://www.simplicity.com/p-3645-misses-dresses-cynthia-rowley-collection.aspx

This one was a complete and utter fail, gang. So bad, I'm not even going to post the picture because it's really awful. As promised at the Simplicity Fashion Show at the Puyallup Sewing Expo this year, this dress went together easily and quickly. I think the whole project took two hours. Unfortch, without the belt, it's a sack. On a twelve-year-old, that wouldn't be a big deal. On me, it's a dealbreaker.

Trying to revive it, I put a cardi over it before heading out of the house this morning. I turned around to look at my tukkas in the mirror…and…Wow. I had no idea that my pert little tushie could look so misshapen. So I belted it UNDER the cardi to give my bum some definition and took off.

I've been uncomfortable all day.

SO. I'll chop it off at the waist, add some elastic and it'll be a kicky skirt in no time. That, I'll have no problem photographing.

No comments:

Post a Comment