Monday, March 15, 2010

Kwiksew 3756 • Square Neck Top


Pattern Description: Pull-over dress and top that have darts at front neckline and front extends to form stand-up collar in back. Front neckline is finished with facing.

View A dress has full length sleeves and skirt is slightly A-lined.
View B top has cap sleeves.

Pattern Sizing: XS - XL (I made the M, grading out to L in the hips)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Absolutely. I will read them more closely next time. I cut the slits for the neckline before I was supposed to, and it made aligning the darts a little tricky.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I've owned a similar top in the past. The neckline showcases my necklace collection, bust darts add shaping and I adore the way the neck wraps around the back.

Fabric Used: ITY Jersey from FabricMart.com for $2/yd.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I graded the medium out to a L in the hips. I still think it's a little too big for me, so I'll stick with a straight medium next time. I'm also thinking of adding a few more inches to the length to add ruching on the sides. It will add more interest to an otherwise basic top.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes. It was quick, easy, and delightful to sew. It's a great addition to any separates collection.

Conclusion: I plan to make this in eleventy-hundred colours for spring and summer. In the fall, I'll add 3/4 length sleeves and make it out of wool jersey. I just LOVE this pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment