Friday, April 1, 2011

Week 5| MMMar '11

Looks like we made it!


Monday, March 28: That's a Wrap 
More alpaca from Italy! Also another wrap cardi. It's so cozy, I wear it around the house a lot. Here, I paired it with a self-drafted skirt and a ponyskin belt. Yee haw!

Tuesday, March 29: Darcidoodle, Girl Reporter
Don't I look like a modern Lois Lane? Just need my steno pad and my Press Pass!
After hanging out in the UFO pile (for too long), I finished this houndstooth pencil skirt over the weekend. The wool is from the Pendleton outlet store. I'm going to wear this skirt a LOT next fall. Also, it's got a fun orange lining!
  • Coat: Travelsmith
  • Skirt: M6038
  • Belt: Thrifted
  • Scarf: Brought back as silk panel from Italy, made into scarf. (Well, TWO scarves. My mom received its twin for her birthday. :)

    Wednesday, March 30 : It's Easy Being Green
    I really liked Erica B's version of this top and thought it would be a nice addition to my wardrobe. I was right! Next time, I'll make it out of a better fabric, tho!
    • Green Top: M6078
    • Black jacket + Cuff: NY&Co.
    • Grey, Striped Pants: CAbi
    • Necklace: Made by Me
    Thursday, March 31: Stylish Sophistication 
    Today is my birthday! A perfect day to debut my Chanel jacket! Can I tell you how much I love this jacket? It's like wearing a cozy sweatshirt, but far more refined. I'm going to own this forever.
    • Tank: CAbi
    • Chanel Jacket: V7975
    • Trousers: CAbi
    • Necklace: NY&Co.

    Friday, April 1: Woo hoo! We're Through!
    It's Casual Friday, so why not relax AND be quirky? This little top fits the bill.
    • Top: Twinkle Sews "Take Manhattan" (which should be made from a knit, not a woven...unless you LIKE looking like a modern flower, which apparently I do...)
    • Jeans: Land's End 
    •  Long-sleeved top: Cirque du Soleil (aren't the sleeves just awesome?)


      YAY for MMMar '11!

      5 comments:

      1. I am impressed that you had enough self made clothes to get through the whole month! It looked like fun - it's also nice to have the pressure off I bet :-)

        ReplyDelete
      2. I still love that "little flower" top!
        Hehe, I got up feeling so relieved it was over and went to my wardrobe thinking I can wear whatever I like.... and picked out another me-made dress!

        ReplyDelete
      3. HI Darci, I have given you a Stylish Blogger award. No obligation, but if you want you can check it out on my blog here
        http://handmadebycarolyn.blogspot.com/2011/04/un-stylish-blogger-writes-about-vogue.html

        ReplyDelete
      4. You looked amazing!!!! That green top is so stunning and fits you a treat! xxx

        ReplyDelete