Friday, March 23, 2012

V8151 || CAbi Wrap Top Knockoff

Spring/Summer 2012 CAbi Abstract Wide V-Tee, $69.
Who doesn't adore a good wrap top? CAbi has been throwing this cute top into the mix for the past five years in some form or another. I've always loved this style of top, so it was time to make my own... just in time for St. Patrick's Day!


V8151 Pattern Description: Pullover tops with set in sleeves. Wrapped front, band, shirred sides and long sleeves.

Pattern Sizing: A-J. Mine is a C with modifications (below). 

 
It's totally easy being green!
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? It does! Although, after seeing this picture, I may take in the sides even further. Since I'm an addict, I want even more rusching!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Sandra Betzina directions are always easy to read and follow. Love her!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? It's really easy and quick to make. After adding 1" to the neckline, it's STILL lower than I'm comfortable with, so I'll have to either wear a tank under this or grab my trusty safety pin. I'll fix that next time.

Fabric Used: Something new! I've been searching for a good kelly green fabric since I made this top awhile ago. I found this tissue-weight silk and lycra jersey at the Sewing Expo in Puyallup this year. 


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I removed .5" from the shoulder, added .5" high round back, 1.5" to the sleeve length, 2" to the front and back length and opted out on the bust darts in favour of gathering that section instead. I'll def. do that again. Bust darts in shifty fabric are tricky! Next time, I'll add an additional 2" to the hem. I like my tops a little longer.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes I would! I'd love one in every colour of the rainbow.

Conclusion: This is a great, versatile style that is sure to be in heavy rotation. LOVE it!

No comments:

Post a Comment