Friday, December 16, 2011

V1261 || Slashed Tunic (CAbi Cozy Tunic Knockoff)

$98 for this adorable tunic? I don't think so!
I've been lusting after the CAbi Cozy Tunic since I first spied it in fall of 2009. Time to make my own!


V1261 Pattern Description: Close fitting. Double needle stitching. A,B: Armhole seams on outside; self binding; ribbon on back; unfinished edges will show. C: neck binding. 

Pattern Sizing: XS-XL. Mine is View B, Large. 

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Somewhat. It looks more like my CAbi Cozy Tunic inspiration.

Were the instructions easy to follow? After reading other reviews on Pattern Review, I knew to toss out the instructions and do it myself. Seriously, they're crap. If you've made a top before, the construction is not complicated.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? It came together quickly once I tossed out the overly-complicated instructions.

Fabric Used: Slashed sweater knit from Marcy Tilton. This was, hands down, the most expensive fabric I purchased in 2011. I'm glad I used it. Her fabrics are amazing.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I added 3" to the sleeve length, 4" to the tunic body, straightened the hem, doubled the cowl (I like a full "cowly" cowl), cut the back piece on the fold and used a 1/4" serged seam allowance. 


Mmmmmm, cozy!
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I've got quite a few cowl necks in my wardrobe, but this is a good pattern, if you toss out the crummy instructions.

Conclusion: I love this tunic!

2 comments:

  1. This DOES look super-cozy. Thanks for the helpful reivew. I have this pattern cut out, but am thrown off by the curved hem (bleh). Not quite ready to tackle it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your top looks so cosy and cute. Your "seriously, the instructions are crap" made me smile. I love your honesty! And I'm curious to read this infamous instructions now!

    (thanks for that link, a very cool idea!)

    ReplyDelete