Sunday, September 11, 2011

S3503 | The Lido Deck Dress

Ready to go see Isaac for a cold drink on the Lido deck!

Keeping with the Swingin' 70s theme for the summer, I needed a maxi dress for the party I attended last night. It's still 95º here, which is really unheard of in the Pacific Northwest, but I'm not going to complain about it. Our summer took SO stinkin' long to show up and it was totally worth the wait.
 
S3503 Pattern Description: Misses' knit dress in two lengths with bodice variations. Mine is View E.

Pattern Sizing: 14-22. I cut a size 14 bodice and skirt. 

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? It really did!

Were the instructions easy to follow? They were clear and concise. This is a dead easy project that went together really quickly.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Hellllllooooo, cleavage! This is a little more of the ladies than I'm used to showing, but in the end, I really like the cut of the neckline and it shows off my me-made necklace really well, too. The bodice also hits at the narrowest part of my waist, so I feel slimmer wearing it!

Fabric Used: Olive bamboo jersey from fabric.com. It's delicious to wear.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I did a 1/2" FBA and added 1" width to the bodice front and back. After reading others' reviews of this version of the dress, I also shirred the back bodice so that it would fit more snugly, and I like the results a LOT. Instead of sewing in bra cups, I utilized my trusty reusable Beautiful You Adhesive Garment Cups.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? This is the second time I've used this pattern, and I'm looking forward to making View F in the future. It's a lovely pattern and were I to make another maxi dress, I'd use this pattern again.

Conclusion: This dress is fantastic! Although it pushed my boundaries for personal comfort, I think it's flattering and comfortable. I could get used to being a little more "boobalicious"! :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the cut and the color Darci.. its good to get a little boobalicious once in a while ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic 70's to be sure! Excellent choice all the way 'round. The colour, the fabric, the texture--well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does have a 70s vibe! Perfect for sultry summer nights:-)

    ReplyDelete